Monday, March 22, 2010

Todays Stock Charting Check 3-22-10



Good Morning Stock Hoppers, Looks like after the news of the new health plan being passed that the market is going to show its displeasure, but here is a good example of how charting works. Look a the DJI index chart. If you knew absolutely nothing about that congressional vote you could look at the chart and see that the DJI has reached its recent high last week and is looking a little tired and is probably going to retreat today and start a new resistance level of around 10,750.....lets see if I am going to be correct, we will follow it daily. Its funny how this works but it does. Thats what I mean when in recent blogs I talk about how the stock chart does tell the story. That does not mean that there is not news that can absolutely rock the markets,as in the case of 9/11 but these are far and few between and there is not an stock advisory out there that can predict those.

As far as my active trade GE I am looking for a break below 17.90(remember I shorted this stock last week)to confirm its downtrend. You can see from the chart that this is a pivotal day for GE as it is showing indecision on whether or not it can stay at its run up level.

Well to say the very least it is going to be a real interesting day on Wall Street today. Don't get caught up in all the emotional mumbo jumbo though,what ever your position is. Stay true to your stock charts and what they are telling you. For today I think I will just hang on to my shorts... pun intended. So until next time...Happy Stock Charting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment